It’s here! After months of drafting and secret squirrel style planning I can finally reveal to you the new look and direction for 40before30 – I really hope you like it.
The (surprising) success of 40before30 taught me to blog about what you love. To build the type of site you would like to read; cover topics and tell stories you would share with friends. That’s what I always want to do here. If I didn’t believe in every word, find joy in every subject, I don’t think I could have kept doing it after all these years. But as my interests and personal life have changed over the last few years so have the things I love to blog about. Below will take you through what you can expect on this blog going forward and how I would love you to be a part of it.
Why Girl Tweets World?
Well, I am a girl and I’ve been tweeting my way around the world since 2010. Also (as you’ll know from my previous blog title) I like to have a name with a bit of a memorable ring to it. I’m hoping that by putting a spin on the words of 90’s show Boy Meets World you’ll find it easier to remember me (and, like, says nice things to your friends and stuff.)
What’s It About?
Girl Tweets World will be my personal travel diary – just like 40before30 was. But to reflect the direction my personal life and interests have taken since I starting blogging in 2010, Girl Tweets World will also offer an insight into the travel blogging lifestyle. As well as showing you what goes on behind the scenes of running my travel blogging business, I want to shine a light on the ladies who are living their dreams of travelling, blogging and making a living.
What Will You Blog About?
As well as continuing to blog about my personal travels (the usual mix of first impressions, beaches, cafes and street art) you can expect to find some of the following threads:
- Blogging Tips – sharing some of the things I have learnt over the years mixed in with the advice of those I admire
- Blog Girl Crush – features on the female bloggers who rock my RSS
- Behind The Scenes Of Travel Blogging –I’ll be continuing with the weekly vlogs I started a few months ago in which I share with you what I’m currently working on/doing to pay the bills. (I launched these early as a kind of test and was touched by the positive response – thank you! These recaps will continue fortnightly on the new site under the ‘Blogging’ section.)
- From Where I Work – a peep at the mobile offices of travel bloggers around the world. (If you’ve got a pic of you setting up for a day of work somewhere exotic please do get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured.)
- Sydney Living – in case you missed the memo I moved to Sydney! I’ll be sharing with you my expat diaries as I attempt to settle in Sydney.
- Eating – I’ve eaten a lot of the world as well as tweeted it. Expect to find more posts on best cakes, brunches and various sweet treats around the world.
- Reading – I’ll still be bringing you reviews of my favourite travel reads and (hopefully) hosting more #TravelBookChat events once the dust has settled on this relaunch.
- Travelling – because I am a travel blogger who can’t stop travelling. I’ve got oodles of travel planned throughout Australia, Asia and beyond for the next few months which I shall be keeping you updated on. Plus, if you are new or newish to the site, the 4.5 years worth of travel articles from 40before30 are found on this site too. Click here for a list of the 40 countries I’ve been to and blogged about.
Stay In Touch
If any of the above has piqued your interest I do hope you will come back to check some of it out. There are a number of ways you can stay up to date with what’s happening on the site, including subscribing by:
I’m still on all the old social channels you used to find me on as @jayneytravels. I’ve also started a new Facebook page for Girl Tweets World where you can ask questions or submit ideas for subjects you would like featured on the site.
If you’d like to send me a little note in private about the new site, you can reach me at email@example.com
Thanks to each and every one of you for following me this far. I genuinely love blogging and am truly grateful for all the opportunities it has led to as well as the fantastic people I have met because of it (both online and in person). Thanks for your support, kindness and daily inspiration. I really hope you enjoy the new site and come along with me to the next phase.
Just a technical point: From August 1st anyone trying to reach 40before30.com will be automatically redirected to ourtravelhome.com. Your subscriptions to 40before30 via Email and Bloglovin will also (hopefully) be redirected but just resubscribe via the links above if updates are no longer coming through. If you subscribe via RSS you will need to resubscribe. Let me know if you have any problems. Thank you!
Just a technical thanks: to Chris Richardson who did all the WordPress wizardry things that got the old content from 40before30 onto this site and safely redirected. I’m happy to answer any questions on the redesigning/relaunching process if anyone is thinking about doing the same.