I thought I’d put together some suggestions for a capsule holiday wardrobe that will be ideal for ladies with curves, like me. (I’m a UK size 14/16.) Below is my pick of lightweight maxis, loose fitting linens and key accessories that you can mix and match with every outfit.
I own over half of these clothes myself (scroll down for pics) and the rest are on my wish-list for my next holiday.
The padded scallop plunge swimsuit is super flattering and comfortable – I road tested it in Mallorca and there was no nip-slippage! I also thoroughly recommend the longline beach coverup if you’re a little self conscious. The oversized sunnies by M&S are an absolute bargain (I have them in black) and a straw tote is such a summer holiday essential I included 2 for you to choose from!
This article contains affiliate links.
Summer Holiday Essentials
- Greek Archaic Kori Linen Feather mini-dress
- Arket mustard/white halter neck dress
- Arket black Lyocell Strap Dress
- M&S Pure Cotton Longline Beach Cover Up Shirt
- H&M Linen Blend Dress
- & Other Stories Wide Brimmed Straw Hat
- Le Specs Half Moon Magic Sunglasses
- Ancient Greek Sandals Eleftheria braided leather sandals
- & Other Stories Droplet Hoop Earrings
- & Other Stories Wavy Hoop Earrings
- Dune Location Leather Padded Flatform Sandals
- Mango Leather Basket Bag
- M&S Angular Oversized Sunglasses
- M&S Padded Scallop Plunge Swimsuit
- Mango Leather Braided Sandals
- Mango Raffia Tote Bag
- M&S Linen Blend Striped V-Neck Maxi Dress
- Mango Maxi Ruffles Dress
- Mango 100% Linen Shirty Dress
- Whistles Black/White Dalmatian Shirred Midi Dress
Summer Holiday Outfits 2023
I will put together my curve-friendly suggestions for a travel capsule wardrobe in 2023 once more stock comes in stores but in the meantime check out these gorgeous summer holiday outfits that just dropped at The White Company.
Pro packing tips
If you don’t already own some, invest in some packing cubes – they will change your life, I promise! I love this large set of 2 from Selfridges for all your main outfits. The mesh top means not only are they breathable but it’s really easy to see what’s in them at a glance.
I’ve also had this set of 6 packing cubes from Amazon for 4 years now and they are still going strong. They are great for packing children’s clothes, underwear, nightwear, swimwear etc as you can take them out of the suitcase and pop them in a drawer as they are. Unpacking in 2 seconds sounds good, doesn’t it?
Worried about squashing your hat? I managed to pack my big straw hat for our Mallorca holiday without ruining it. The trick is to put it in the suitcase upside down and fill it with soft items that will hold the shape.
You may also like: